Monday, March 23, 2015

Movie Monday Half Past Autumn Part 3 and 4

1) Success to me is accomplishing what you want and having the outcome you want. You could be successful by making a lot of money if that's what you want, or you could be successful by managing your office well. For me, I would like to be successful in the fact that I make a decent amount of money, probably by running an important part of a corporation.

2) To be successful in school I had to give up some success in cross country. I didn't have the time and energy to do both as best I could, so I had to choose which one I would devote my energy to, and I chose school. (I still did cross country but I didn't improve any from last year)

3) Gordon gave up his family life and a lot of money at times to be successful.

4)Her step-father was one of the founding father of the UN, Ambassador V.K. Wellington Koo

5) At first 5,000 but then it was changed a few times and ended at 10,000 dollars

6) A half million dollars

7) He refused the money because he believed Muhammad would influence what he created. He refused based on his principles.

8) The learning tree was the first major Hollywood film written and directed by a black person.

9) Shaft was the first black super hero. He gave young black kids a role model to look up to that they didn't have before.

10) Gordon's choice of weapons were film, photography, writing, and music.

11) She said it was to much to manage the turmoil in Gordon's life, and that they hardly saw each other and both were occupied with their carriers.

12) the movie 12 years a slave.

13) Gordon Parks Jr. was Gordon's oldest son. Like his father he was a successful film director. He died in a tragic plane crash on his was to film a new movie.

14) My favorite photo is called "Grease Plant Worker" under Gordon's Standard Oil archive.

15) I will remember Gordon for his ideals. I'll remember how he doesn't do what he disagrees with. He turns down large sums of money because he doesn't agree with the message he is suppose to convey. I will also remember how he worked because that's what he loved to do, he was to busy to worry about racial boundaries, he just acted a person.

3 comments:

  1. this is complete. your definition of success is good because its what you believe in

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is complete. your definition of success is good because its what you believe in

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for helping me answer questions lucas <3

    ReplyDelete